Customs and Excise Duty and AEO Consultants
Businesses that undertake International Trade and in particular importing from outside the EU Customs Union face many challenges.
Included within these is the correct treatment of all Customs & Import VAT formalities as well as more recently the impending impact of Authorised Economic Operator [AEO] status.
Many businesses leave everything to their freight forwarder and are not even aware that the correct lodgement of a Customs declaration is their responsibility. This is where our
Customs duty and AEO consultants can help you.
In terms of Customs issues, since Customs Duty and other duties such as Anti-Dumping Duty & Excise Duty are ‘sticking’ duties and generally irrecoverable they are potentially a cost to many businesses.
As a result if not properly considered they can seriously affect the bottom line profit of a business. However, our customs duty consultants have found that few businesses proactively consider how the cost of duty can be minimised.
CLICK ON THE LINKS ABOVE TO FIND OUT MORE AND SEE IF WE CAN HELP YOU
In addition to considering Customs issues from a duty and import VAT perspective, the full introduction of AEO will have a large impact on businesses in an International Supply Chain.
Any businesses be they importing, exporting or a logistics provider handling such goods need to be aware of how AEO affects them
CLICK ON THE AEO LINK ABOVE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT AEO
Can our customs duty consultants help you?
Our aim at The Customs People is to positively add value to your business be it through assisting you save duty, maximising cash flow through the effective use of one of HMRC's many Customs reliefs, representing you on HMRC matters or by assisting you obtain AEO authorised status.
Our main consultancy staff have over 50 years experience in the Customs field both in practice and as Customs Officers in HMRC so we are experienced in assisting businesses with the Customs issues they face daily yet we speak the same language as HMRC so can best represent you.
We are well placed to assist you spot opportunities to save money so why not contact us for a no obligation chat?
If you are an importing business, there are some simple questions you may wish to consider as detailed below.
Click here for further specific issues for importers.
10 Simple Questions to ask for Importers
1. If the business imports goods from outside the EU Customs Union, does it consider the costs of duty?
2. Does the business receive copies of Customs import entries (form C88 & E2) from import agent?
3. Does the business critically review the Customs import entry or supporting documents?
4. Does the business set commodity codes for goods? (these are codes that determine duty rate payable)
5. Does the business periodically review commodity codes used?
6. Does the business determine the value for Customs Duty?
7. Is the business aware of how the value for Customs Duty / other duties should be set?
8. Does the business import to stock?
9. Does the business use any Customs Facilitation schemes?
10.Does the business have a deferment account, if so does it use SIVA?
The Customs People is a specialist firm that advises on Customs, Excise & International VAT issues and our reason to be is to provide practical, easy to understand advice that assists businesses so that:
1. You do not fall foul of the often confusing Customs & Excise rules; but
2. That you take advantage of any opportunities that exist to save money.
Whether you are a business that needs assistance on a Customs or Excise matter or a professional representing businesses with International Trade and/ or Excise issues we can help.
Based in the North West of England we are experienced consultants that have assisted many businesses all over the UK and from beyond make sense of Customs, Excise & International VAT issues. In addition to UK businesses we currently advise a number of North American clients, several Australian companies and a number based in the Far East that import via UK Customs.
For a range of the type of work we have undertaken for clients please click here.